/* */ vita graphein/-: Corporate America, recipe and Chicago

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Corporate America, recipe and Chicago

Are you thinking, another motley of topics in the subject? Ya..me too.

Well, its been a fortnight since I have had a taste of Corporate America and it isn't too bad or maybe, I have gotten used to it now in all respects. Well I still have to get up like 0530 hrs which is probably the hardest part till date and to leave like 0640 hrs in order to catch the CTA Blue Line. (A really nice layout of the entire system is here and I get on at Racine and off at Rosemont. Look at the Blue Line to locate these if interested). In the evenings after I am back, I have no time at all to do shit and kinda do not seem to have any time at all, as I have to be in bed soon which of course I seemed to have unlearned ever since I came here!

In any case, being in a building right opposite O'Hare International airport (in case you are unaware, this was the world's busiest till 1998 and has since lost that stat to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International airport) is sure some neat shit and I have some of the most awesome sights everyday. There is literally a landing or a take off every 40 seconds and I have seen simultaneous happenings, which are truly stunning. Its so close for me to read their names on the flights and have never ceased to be amazed at these machines. Coincidentally, I saw an Air India flight (haven't seen that after August 10, 2004 - when I came here) coming in to land a couple of days back and sure was cool. Just amazing to see those things fly in and take off so gracefully. FedEx and Polar have some of their biggest flights coming in and all the other flights seem to dwarf in comparison. Most of the flights are of course United Airlines or American Airlines, though I also see a lot of Lufthansa flights coming in frequently. Many a time, I just walk by the windows to catch a glimpse of these stunning sights.

Well, workwise I am right now working on a couple of projects and am starting to learn a couple software like MathCad and Cadstar. Its fine and I officially end on August 19, '05. I also just got my first pay check in earlier today, so its kinda exciting, as I have been used to paying more often than not everywhere! Its weekend once again and hence I am savoring it.

Chicago has been a great experience so far. My friend here (Hareesh) moved out early today morning (to California) and I have moved into his room and have been settling in. I also decided to goto Walmart here today, and after a few lookups on the web, figured how to go, and had to take a train and a bus. All was well till I got out of Walmart. Carrying about 6 kilos in each hand, I had the longest walk I could possibly imagine both ways and had the most toughest time. Even now my fingers are kinda numb in the aftermath of the evening and cannot seem to feel the keyboard too well (lol). Hard work it is, more so physical. Nightlife here kinda rocks and more so we get a first hand experience as the place I am staying in, is directly above a bar and there are 2 posh restaurants right opposite as well. So at nights we get the best 'views' if we ever looked out from the windows. Well, what we see, is not a concern, but amazing sights generally... (lol). Haven't got time (and maybe the money as well..) to be a part of the night life yet though, lets see...

Just got done making dinner and more importantly eating it. Made what, you ask? Well, generally I do not reveal my secret recipes, but anyways, I shall do so this one time. I put in some veggies which I had (peas, mixed-carrot, beans and peas, more peas and some hash browns, which I had bought from Walmart). Felt something was missing (not like this is some important dish) and just added a couple of eggs into it. (Yuck, u saying?!). Added spice and more spices, oil and some pickle and kept on simmer. I just had whatever I made (no idea so far, what to call it) and it tasted wonderful. You should try it sometime if ok with you. Rice was a little messed up today, but fine...all will be good, when there is nothing else.

I hope the snaps were good enough and you got to see NY from 10,000 miles away and enjoyed it as well. Hmm...I also finally got a chance to watch a a couple of movies I downloaded. We saw, The Ring Two, which kinda sucked we thought (what say?) and no where close to its predecessor, The Ring. We also saw another amazing movie, Matchstick Men and till about 90% of the movie seemed the worst and most ordinary movie ever, but the last 15 minutes basically kicked it so hard, it seriously has to be a great movie. Catch it sometime. I also started downloading All the President's Men, after the sensational Deep Throat revelation that has been all over TV, for the last few days.

Over with this I guess for this week and in all probability I shall write in again, sometime during next weekend, though you can write in anytime to me!