/* */ vita graphein/-: semester closing in and work piling out

Saturday, April 09, 2005

semester closing in and work piling out

Wo!! Its been a hellish week so far and the upcoming one seems even more loaded. First I had a problem with my HDD and it kinda crashed I think. For about half a day, it was not even being detected and I freaked out almost, then got it to work somehow and after that, there was a problem booting. So I had to format my drive and lost all info, and of course about 4-5 movies and a couple of documentaries I had downloaded. This by the way was not something I felt too much about. It sure was frustrating. On top of all that, once I got it back on track a little, I realized as I was sifting through a few things, I had forgotten the password to this blog. The 'forgot password' thingy was not very helpful and I was no getting help from it as they (Blogger) are supposed to send you a recovery email which I was never receiving at all. Finally it worked after a day and now I recovered both laptop and password back. I also arranged for it to be checked back at the (California) facility during the next week, so I will be cut off (from my computer, which I can't even think of living without!!) for the next week.

I have just so much work, that I can't really think of what to start first. I have a test on Tuesday and an assignment due on Monday and a presentation later in the week. Also I have the networking social of the IEEE coming up this Friday and I have to emcee it. It is going to be held at a Mexican restaurant in downtown Dekalb, and the food is going to be Mexican as well. Its going to be a combine of activities and talks and food (of course) with industry people, alumni and students. Its going to be a good time I guess, and more so to end this dreadful last 15 days in such a way will be great.

I also just help raise close to $6000 in the Huskie Telefund for my university and hence I feel good about that, but of course, if only they gave me like 10%... I have precisely 3 weeks to go before I finish yet another semester which by the way, went by before I could comprehend it. I haven't thought too much about my plans for the summer semester. Would like to take a couple of courses (in fact looking at Spanish and tennis also!). Still have time to decide though, and more importantly, have to get through this semester successfully first.

I had to go out somewhere during the day (which I will explain later about) and was back like 1930 hrs and right after that I had to go to my American host family's place back today as they had something going on and they had invited me over. I played this awesome game called Scattergories (a word game) and sure wonder why we in India never played such games too much. It was an amazing game and by the time I actually got back home it was almost half hour into the 3rd ODI, which by the way is going on even as I am writing. Its like 0207 hrs of Saturday morning and I have work lined up.

That's all I can think of now I guess and also tomorrow I have a recording to goto which by the way is going to be the most challenging so far as a lot of equipment have failed in the recent past and we have to use new systems and new procedures which I haven't got trained yet due to lack of time and I have to be up to the task and face the music as always...