/* */ vita graphein/-: Better weather and worse times

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Better weather and worse times

Have officially embraced spring and left winter far behind, doesn't it feel wonderful!!

It's been longer than usual between posts, but my semester has got so very busy, that I there is not time at all. I mean I have been saying that all the time, but now its even worse. In the next 15 days, I have 3 projects and 1 presentation apart from the 3 exams (finals) I will have! Not like I have a big headway in any of the projects and days though they just got longer about 15 days back, when we all turned our clocks 1 hour ahead to make up for DST, the time is still way short. I have too much work to do.

Things to catch up on, I had done the most important recording of my life, last week and recorded for the Vermeer Quartet, who are legendary today in the music world and have been associated with my university for the last 30 odd years. It sure was an honor for me to record this performance though I was not aware of this shift until a day before. If I screwed up, basically I would have been screwed. It was something for record and I was making 2 backups and 2 masters. This time we have started recording on a new machine which I talked about last time, saying its all new, but it is the most comfy recording system I have worked on so far. Its an Alesis MasterLink digital recorder with about 30 hrs of recording capacity directly on its HDD. Its so simple to work with and also backup anyways on DAT on a Sony DAT recorder. It has been a great experience for me working in the School of Music this semester.

At the end of the week, we had our IEEE networking social, and I was the emcee (it means..) at the event at Eduardo's, a Mexican restaurant in downtown Dekalb. We had the Dean of the College of Engineering coming in and he seemed very proactive and he was talking on a very casual basis with me. The whole event was decent, food sucked big time and one of the main reasons why I also was there was defeated! We had alums, faculty and industry people (from Motorola, Hamilton Sundstrand, Packet Video, etc) along with of course students and IEEE officers. We had a few talks and just a casual time out there.

That's all I have to say in this short post and am kinda hard pressed for time. Job sucks big time (the Telefund, yes the same place which was a glory some time back is like my nemesis now), as I am not doing that great and also its getting very monotonous and boring.

Shall keep you posted at the end of the this week, and not earlier.